What better way to use up some tasty locally grown Kingsville mushrooms than to make a piping hot bowl of mushroom soup. Here’s a fantastic recipe from Food.com to enjoy some locally grown goodies.
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 tablespoons flour ( separated)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup light cream or 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Cut the mushrooms into slices.
- Melt butter in large frying pan. Add in onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Cook until onions are soft.
- Blend in 2 T. flour and stir.
- Add in the chicken broth and heat until slightly thickened while stirring frequently.
- Stir cream with additional 1 T. flour and seasonings. Add in cream to soup. Heat to thicken while stirring frequently.
- Serve and enjoy!
Lee & Maria's - Copyright 2016