We just finished watching Disney’s Moana for about the 15th time and decided that our 4-year-old needed a touch of some real Polynesian culture. So, we gave this recipe from Simply Gluten Free a try. It turned out fantastic!
Polynesian Kebabs Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin (extra lean)
- 1 cup dipping sauce (San-J Sweet & Tangy Polynesian Glazing &, use divided)
- 2 pineapple (fresh, peeled and cored)
- 2 green pepper
- 1 purple onion (large)
- Cut pork into 24 pieces roughly 1½ inches square. Place in a medium mixing bowl with ½ cup San-J Sweet & Tangy Polynesian Glazing & Dipping Sauce, toss to combine. Let sit for 20 – 30 minutes at room temperature or up to 4 hours refrigerated. (If marinating in the refrigerator, let come to room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.) If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20 minutes. Pre-heat the grill to moderately high heat (450 degrees on a gas grill).
- Cut the pineapple into 2 inch chunks. Cut the peppers in half, remove the seeds and cut into 2 inch chunks. Cut the onion into quarters.
- Remove the pork from the San-J Sweet & Tangy Polynesian Glazing & Dipping Sauce. Thread the skewers with the pork and vegetables starting and ending with the pork (3 pieces of pork per skewer).
- Brush the grates of the grill with oil and place the skewers over direct heat and close the lid. Turn the skewers every few minutes but leave the lid closed as much as possible. Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the pineapple and vegetables are crisp tender and slightly charred. Brush with some of the remaining San-J Sweet & Tangy Polynesian Glazing & Dipping Sauce and serve the rest on the side.
Lee & Maria's - Copyright 2016